Thursday, May 1, 2014

Personnelle Rouge Distinction in Prestige

Personnelle is a brand that I have known about since I was a little kid, but I had never once tried any of their cosmetics before. This is the brand of Jean-Coutu, a pharmacy chain in Canada. Their prices are pretty similar to any other drugstore brand.

I had been looking for a matte lipstick for quite a while, as I quite like the look of them, and had finally convinced myself to get the Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm. Unfortunately, all of the balms had been tampered with. Buying a lip product that someone had already touched was out of the question. When I continued to browse, I came across the Personnelle display, which had rows of perfectly sealed matte lipsticks in an array of colours. Their new collection of matte lipsticks is called Rouge Distinction.


I always struggle with finding a good lip colour for me. Often certain shades just look completely odd with my skin tone. I haven't yet been able to pin point what the problem is. This time around, I decided to go for a wine coloured red. Specifically, the colour I chose is called Prestige.



Like most matte lipsticks, this one is quite drying for the lips. However, I don't find it unbearable. I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has chapped lips though, because I can imagine the mess it would make. It's not very long wearing, and easily wipes off. I guess this could be a pro or a con, depending on what you look for in a lipstick. For me, colour pay off is the most important thing, so having to re-apply this one a few times a day doesn't bother me.

No comments:

Post a Comment