Monday, June 23, 2014

Review: The Body Shop's Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil

Cleansing oils started to interest me last year when they were popping up in different blogs that I followed. Most of the cleansing oils were from asian brands, as this type of product hadn't yet become popular in North America. Now, it seems that every known brand is making their own cleansing oil. When I spotted the Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil in my local Body Shop, I just couldn't resist to finally try. The price was 16 dollars, but if I remember correctly there was a sale going on, so I got it for a little bit cheaper than that.


I've had this cleansing oil for a while now, and I've been using it to remove my make up before cleansing with my St. Ives Green Tea scrub. It removes makeup beautifully, and it even removes waterproof mascara. You just apply it on dry skin and massage it in. After doing this, simply remove it with a little bit of water. The oil comes off, along with the makeup you were wearing. Super easy!

PROS:
Smells wonderful, like a bouquet of camomile
Not irritating to eyes or skin
Removes makeup completely

CONS:
The pump is a little tricky, you have to be careful not to accidentally squirt the product everywhere (which happens to me often -_-)
The price is a little expensive (16 dollars for 200 ml)

FINAL THOUGHTS:
I really like this cleansing oil, and will definitely be repurchasing once I run out. However, I think I will try to repurchase when there is a sale because it's quite expensive in my opinion. I recommend this for anyone who has sensitive skin and wants to try cleansing oils.

xx Cynthia

12 comments:

  1. This looks really good! I love the Body Shop, and I've been looking for a new makeup remover so I might try it!
    Eden from edenroses xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Eden! You really should it works great :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to pick this up, I've heard so many great things and as my skin is quite sensitive and gets dry I think it could really benefit from a cleansing oil. The Body Shop is so affordable also, it's a great place to try things out!

    Meg xo
    Meg Says | UK Health & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Meg!

      I really think this cleansing oil would be great for you. I have sensitive and dry skin as well, and I really like it.

      Delete
  4. This makeup remover is for sure my favorite and I use it every day :)

    http://glassow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cosmetics with camomile and I have to try it.

    jointyicroissanty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review,this product looks really nice I will definitely give it a try ;)
    Following you now:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'll make sure to follow you back :)

      Delete
  7. Love your background it's so retro, new follower here. I haven't tried this before but I love Body Shop products in general - have you tried their Face Mist it is really awesome. Look forward to reading more from you. L xxx A Scottish Lass ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura!

      Thank you so much for you kind comments. I have not tried their Face Mist, but it sounds lovely, I will make sure to look for it next time I head into TBS.

      Delete
  8. This sounds really nice! The scent sounds like it would be calming too.

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Body Shop. They're products are so amazing! I can't believe I've never heard of these!

    Evi // http://evithefashionista.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete